CBI Consultants is pleased to announce that we are offering PEERS for Adolescents developed by Elizabeth A. Laugeson & Fred Frankel.
PEERS (Program for the Evaluation and Enrichment of Relationship Skills) is a 14 week parent-assisted program. It is an evidence-based intervention program out of UCLA that focuses on Social Skill Development for teens. The involvement of Parents is an integral component of the program as it involves the generalization of what is taught during the sessions into their homes and community. For more information about PEERS please see the UCLA WEBSITE.
The group sessions include:
- Having a conversation
- Entering and exiting a conversation
- Using electronic forms of communication (text, Facebook, email)
- Choosing appropriate friends
- Handling teasing & bullying and other forms of rejection
- Handling arguments and disagreements with friends
- Having appropriate get togethers
- Being a good host / good sport
The intervention includes separate parent and teen sessions that meet at the same time for 90 minutes each week. There will be handouts and weekly homework assignments.