Customized Employment – Employers
The Customized Employment process uses a person centered approach matching the needs of the job seeker and the employer. Our employment specialist is there throughout the entire process to support and mentor both the employer and your new employee.
Customized employment process consists of the following stages:
- Before meeting with you we have already met with a number of job seekers who are ready and willing to work. We spend approximately 30 hours getting to know each of our candidates, which lets us learn in detail their strengths and abilities. Through our time together, the job seekers have identified skills that could be a potential fit in your place of business.
- This is an opportunity for us to learn more about your business and for us to determine if we have a candidate who can meet your needs. We would sit down with you and learn more about your business and the opportunities it presents. If possible, we do a tour of the work site to see the specific jobs and tasks that may be available. After this meeting we would go through our job seekers and see if we have a match for you. If a suitable match is found we would then proceed with the client dropping off their resume, creating a cover letter and coming in for an interview.
- Once a match has been determined and the job seeker is hired we would assist and support them on learning the tasks of their new job. We would create any supports or adaptations that may be needed. We would also support your new employee on the job site until you are both comfortable.
- After a period of time we will fade away from the job site; however, we will still keeping in touch with you and your new employee through site visits, emails and phone calls. After three month, six months and one year we will send a survey to see if you are satisfied and if anything needs to be improved.
- We are always available for support and assistance, just call or email us and we will get back to you promptly.