Behaviour Consultant Position Description
- Download 353
- File Size 237.35 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date May 29, 2017
- Last Updated March 1, 2021
Behaviour Consultant Position Description
Positive Behaviour Support Consultant
CBI Consultants is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
CBI Consultants has been providing person centered inclusive practices since 1990. We are committed to full inclusion for persons with disabilities. In 1992, we published a research paper outlining our person centered positive practices – The Lifestyle Development Process (LDP), Journal of the Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps. We have provided training and technical assistance to more than 5,000 family members, school personnel, and community living personnel throughout the world.
Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) Consultant is responsible for conducting Functional Behaviour Assessments and creating Multi-element Behaviour Support Plans for persons with disabilities via application of Person Centred Planning and Positive Behaviour Support Principles. You carry the values of Excellence, Courage, Integrity, Fairness, and Passion for your work. PBS Consultant carries a caseload of individuals who have a variety of support needs, abilities and ages. Additionally, PBS Consultants train teams to independently maintain the BSP with fidelity and write and monitor safety plans as needed.
You will be a key member of a team of passionate professionals committed to inclusion and diversity. You will be a recognized leader in the community you serve, practicing the principles of positive behaviour support and person centred planning. As a trusted member of the CBI team you will have a positive impact on peoples lives on a daily basis.
- Complete Functional Behaviour Assessment
- Create individualized Multi-element Behaviour Support Plans (BSP)
- Train team to implement BSP with fidelity
- Create Safety Plans
- Deliver professional report presentations
- Develop, train team to fidelity, and monitor Safety Plans as needed
- Train and provide hands-on modelling of techniques
- Maintain well organized case files (paper and electronic)
- Consistently generate creative, resourceful solutions in crisis situations (Problem Solving)
- Understand and model person-centered practice (Professional)
- Promote a collaborative and team-based approach in service delivery decisions (Professional)
- Demonstrate initiative and pro-activeness (Excellence)
- Communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully (Team work)
- Manage and lead effective meetings (Team work)
- Models appropriate behaviour through positive interactions with team members (Team work)
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in in psychology, special education or a related field required
- Experience in a related field as a consultant
- Master’s degree an asset
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention and/or Mandt
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Clearance letter for vulnerable population
- Two professional references
Position involves working during business hours, evenings, and weekends according to needs of current case load
Wages and benefits
- Starting salary is $54,132.00
- This role includes a competency-based salary increase: Increases to wage are applied following the completion of the demonstration of quality assurance benchmarks. Pro-rated benefits include holiday accrual and extended health.
- For both those with and those pursuing BCBA certification, supervision can be provided with a signed agreement to continue with CBI 2 years after being certified
- For those with BCBA certification a training fund and opportunity to acquire the 32 hours of professional development required every 2 years
- Access to professional journals to keep informed of research
- Opportunity to present at conferences
Position may involve supporting communities within Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, and other jurisdictions as required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to (please do not change the subject line):
- If you are unable to click the above link, please email your resume to email@example.com including the following text in the subject line: Behaviour Consultant Application (from the website)