Business Development Representative Position
Job Title: Business Development Representative
CBI Consultants has been providing person centered inclusive practices since 1990. We are committed to full inclusion for persons with disabilities and have provided training and technical assistance to more than 10,000 family members, school personnel, businesses and community living personnel throughout the world. As part of the 2022 launch of the Training and Technical Assistance Centre on Inclusive Practice (TTACIP), CBI will be launching several exciting and innovative products and services to support organizations to realize and achieve diversity and inclusion in their work.
CBI Consultants is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
CBI Consultants has been providing person centered inclusive practices since 1990. We are committed to full inclusion for persons with disabilities. In 1992, we published a research paper outlining our person centered positive practices – The Lifestyle Development Process (LDP), Journal of the Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps. We have provided training and technical assistance to more than 10,000 family members, school personnel, and community living personnel throughout the world.
To promote and maintain company-wide the CBI values of excellence, courage, integrity, fairness and passion in our mission to improve the quality of life of the people we serve.
- Promote and maintain CBI’s good reputation
- Ensure highest quality of service
- Build a strong understanding of the sales process within CBI
- Generate leads and build relationships with public sector organizations, community service providers, non-profits, and/or other related organizations,
- Negotiate, and close on sales of CBI products and services.
- Ensure highest quality of business practices
The Business Development Representative plays an essential role in supporting the launch and growth of CBI’s sales program and generating new business opportunities within public sector organizations, community service providers, non-profits, and/or other related organizations. This position will promote and market a unique variety of CBI products and services that support organizations and individuals to develop skills related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education and relevant experience:
- At least 2-3 years of B2B sales experience, 5+ years of experience preferred
- Experience with CRMs (i.e., Hubspot, SalesForce, Monday, etc.)
- Comfortable with Google Workspace
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and sales acumen when dealing with a variety of stakeholders with unique priorities
- Experience working in a sales position with daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, with a proven track record of sales success
- Previous experience selling into schools, community service providers, nonprofits or similar organizations a strong asset
- 2-3 excellent references
- Must be legally eligible to work in B.C.
- Must have a clear criminal record check
- Available for some in-person meetings on an as-needed basis
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for in-person meetings on an as needed basis
- Have access to a professional office setup
- Comfort with customer-facing interaction over the phone, virtually and in-person
- An independent self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sell products and services utilizing needs analysis and empathy based approach
- Ensure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Prepare customized proposals and conduct tailored presentations with buyers and key decision makers
- Implement other program components as required
- Initiate email marketing campaigns
- Conduct warm and cold calls
- Respond to inbound leads
- Prospect via LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other channels
- Conduct discovery calls
- Handle objections
- Negotiate contract/sales terms
- Establish and maintain relationships with employees, contractors and a variety of stakeholders
- Promote CBI services
- Plans work proactively and efficiently, identifies barriers ahead, breaks complex projects into smaller components
- Prioritizes tasks based on outcomes
- Replies to communication and correspondence in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Written communication is clear and effective
- Conveys passion and interest CBI products and services on offer
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills with the ability to communicate and build rapport with diverse audiences
- Shares skill sets by developing and presenting relevant information to team members
- Manages, attends, and leads effective meetings
- Celebrates team successes and promotes opportunities to improve
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders promoting a professional image
- Promotes a collaborative and team-based approach in all decisions
- Actively listens and asks questions for clarity
- Manages and resolves conflict constructively
- Responds to show understanding, support and appreciation
- Builds rapport and trust in relationships
- Applies sound decision-making approaches to manage resources
- Completes all documentation and reporting requirements as per job description
- Monitors progress to create an environment of accountability
- This position is 100% commission based with some entitlement for necessary expenses. Future opportunities for paid contract or salaried permanent work are possible.
- The anticipated start date is in September 2022
- Executive Director