Job Title: IMPLEMENTATION & EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
CBI Consultants is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
Our mission is to support individuals world wide to achieve a quality life. We believe that all citizens have the right to be included in their neighborhood schools and communities, have rich social lives, live in homes of their choosing and have access to fulfilling real work for real pay.
- As assigned and at the direction of the Behaviour Consultant responsible for the case, to implement strategies in the behaviour support plan within the allotted hours and timeframe
- To support the Behaviour Consultant in the implementation of strategies in the Behaviour Support Plan.
- To collaborate with the team to bring about a reduction in the frequency, intensity and duration of the individuals challenging behaviour
- To collaborate with the team to increases overall Quality of Life
- To develop an evidence based, person centered Customized Employment Vocational Profile and portfolio for each job seeker, one which showcases their Ideal Conditions of Employment.
- To support individual job seekers with diverse abilities to acquire, maintain and excel at a “Real Work for Real Pay” position.
- To support all job seekers in developing and demonstrating Self-Determination skills.
- To guide job seekers in developing transferrable skills which can be used in all life domains.
The Implementation & Employment Specialist follows the Positive Behaviour Support(PBS) – Behaviour Support Plan (BSP) developed by a Behaviour Consultant. As a PBS team member under the direction of the designated Behaviour, the I/ES provides training and support to individuals with a variety of support needs and their support team. The I/ES trains the team to independently implement strategies in the BSP with fidelity. In addition, the I/ES is responsible for all aspects of the CLBC-funded Customized Employment program for a caseload of job seekers with diverse abilities. They develop a Supported Employment Vocational Plan and complete all phases of customized employment including discovery, job development, job coaching, monitoring and crisis supports (where required) with the goal of placing individuals in jobs of their choosing. They write Customized Employment Vocational Profiles, track outcomes and provide case information as requested by CBI Consultants and our contractors.
You will be a key member of a team of passionate professionals committed to inclusion and diversity. Upon completing internal demonstration criteria Instructional Specialist position will lead to a position as an Implementation Consultant and put you on a fast learning track to becoming a Behaviour Consultant. You will be a recognized leader in the community you serve, practicing the principles of positive behaviour support and person centred planning. As a trusted member of the CBI team you will have a positive impact on peoples lives on a daily basis.
Education and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years education completed in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Child and Youth Care, Recreation and Health Education, Community Support Work, Mental health and Addictions)
- Experience working directly with young people with diverse abilities who may also require mental health supports
- Mandt training (will be provided)
- Driver’s license
- Reliable vehicle
- Clearance letter for vulnerable populations
- Two to three professional references
- Follow individualized PBS – BSP
- Train team to implement PBS – BSP strategies with fidelity
- Report to Behaviour Consultant to keep them updated on status of the PBS case
- Maintain regular contact with all collateral team members
- Train professionals and natural supports in the workplace
- Complete professional written Customized Employment Vocational Profiles
- Utilize evidence-based research in report compilation
- Do ongoing job development to find placements for job seekers
- Provide Job Coaching to job seekers in a variety of workplaces
- Organize and maintain up to date case files
- Follow the relevant CBI Consultant Planning Tool to complete all tasks in the development and implementation, monitoring, and follow up of the BSP or the Customized Employment Vocational Profile
- Attend initial PBS meetings when new referrals are assigned
- Under the direction of the Behaviour Consultant, complete assessment protocols (Personal Profile; direct observations in home, school and/or community; baseline videos)
- Attend PBS – Functional Behaviour Assessment review meetings
- Under the direction of the Behaviour Consultant, implement the recommendations in the multi-element behaviour support plan which has been developed by the CBI Behaviour Consultant, following CBI’s person-centred planning (Lifestyle Development Process)
- Train team members in home, community, school or job site using a variety of teaching methods, including: modelling strategies; providing write-ups and explanation of the strategy; providing generic videos of the strategy
- Develop, write and implement recommendations in a Customized Employment Vocational Profile following CBI’s Self-directed Lifestyle Development Plan
- Develop and/or support the team to develop visual supports in collaboration with CBI media team (materials such as visual calendars / schedules, both low and high-tech communication aides, instructional supports and so on)
- Facilitate modifications and adaptations to the worksite/job duties as needed by all parties
- Provide on-site job coaching
- Model support or instructional strategies to natural supports (caregivers, employers/co-workers)
- Film and edit video examples for baseline and data collection, to illustrate strategies for team members, for Video Self Modelling/Video Modelling
- Return all incoming correspondence as per CBI policy
- Write notes in Penelope after each appointment
- Record billable hours daily
- Submit expenses monthly
- Monitor team’s implementation of Behaviour Support Plan to ensure fidelity
- Be accountable for hours on each case
- Maintain well organized case files (paper and electronic)
- Work using technology as efficiently and effectively as possible, Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Maintain 90:10 direct to indirect billing ratio
- Manage time such that in-office tasks (for example, writing strategy write-ups for BC to edit) are completed as per contract parameters and out-of-office tasks (for example, scheduling/attending appointments) are conducted in a professional manner
- Manage conflict with a win-win, mediation approach.
- Remain professional at all times (externally and internally)
- Attend staff meetings
- Ensure job placements meet the job seeker’s Ideal Conditions of Employment
- Empower individuals through all stages of customized employment
- Transition to natural supports in the work place
- Follow Employment Teams Code of Ethics (see separate document)
- Other duties as requested
- Fosters team environment
- Provides balance of positive and corrective performance feedback
- Creates a culture of learning that drives individual development
- Seeks personal feedback from peers and employees
- Verbal and written communication is clear and effective
- Actively listens and asks questions for clarity
- Responds to show understanding, support and appreciation
- Communicates consistently and regularly regarding service delivery
- Consistently generates creative, resourceful solutions in consultation with BC
- Encourages new ideas and works to improve them
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize simultaneous/conflicting demands
- Constructively challenges approach and finds better ways to meet goals
- Understands and models person-centered practice
- Arrives on time for scheduled appointments and/or meetings
- Models appropriate behaviour through positive interactions with team members and remains respectful
- Promotes employee independence and interdependence
- Interacts with all individuals appropriately and respectfully
- Supports opportunities for all individuals to make choices
- Ensures individuals are, through different methods made aware of their rights
- Actively participates and supports changes in service delivery
Commitment to Excellence
- Effectively supports and monitors implementation of individual support plans
- Follows through on directions and assignments from BC and Supervisor
- Demonstrates initiative and pro-activeness
Position involves working during business hours, evenings, and weekends according to current case load need.
This role includes a competency-based salary increase: Increases to wage are applied following completion of probation and subsequently following completion of Demonstration stage. Pro-rated benefits include holiday accrual, dental and extended health plan. Salary is outlined in the CBI employment letter.
Position may involve supporting communities within the lower mainland.
Self Determination/Employment Manager and Consultant Supervisor. May report to Behaviour Consultant overseeing any individual PBS case assigned.