LEAP Employment Specialist Position – Part-time
Job Title: CBI L.E.A.P. EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST Part-time Position (20 hrs/week)
CBI Consultants is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
CBI CONSULTANTS' MISSION
To support individuals worldwide to achieve a quality life. We believe that all citizens have the right to be included in their neighborhood schools and communities, have rich social lives, live in homes of their choosing and have access to fulfilling inclusive paid work opportunities.
DO YOU ENJOY
- Working with a dedicated, hardworking team?
- Contributing to the success of youth?
- Variety in your workday?
- Supporting people to find employment?
- Promoting community inclusion?
- Flexible work environment?
THE PROGRAM YOU WOULD BE WORKING IN
Learning Employment Action Plan (L.E.A.P.) is a federally funded employment program for youth and young adults developed by CBI Consultants with a focus on youth facing employment barriers. The youth or young adults may be living with developmental and mental health challenges, be Indigenous or have other barriers to employment. Participants develop necessary skills and knowledge in order to overcome employment barriers and obtain inclusive paid work opportunities.
The CBI L.E.A.P Employment Specialist is responsible for delivery of the L.E.A.P. program. Reporting to the L.E.A.P. Team Lead, the Employment Specialist supports participants in all phases of the program delivery including group facilitations, job development, job coaching, monitoring and crisis supports, as required. The Employment Specialist will utilize a person-centered approach to service delivery, creating vocational profiles for the participants they support, track outcomes, and provide case information as requested by CBI Consultants and funders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the Team Lead with the recruitment and intake of process of participants
- Support participants as individuals with barriers to employment in achieving their employment and education goals.
- Guide program participants throughout the various stages of the program curriculum (Self Discovery, Job Development, Job Coaching, Monitoring) with 1-1 and group sessions
- Continually review program curriculum to ensure its effectiveness and adherence to best customized employment practices
- Demonstrate understanding of job carving and its benefits for employee and employer
- Network and establish strong relationships with community partners, stakeholders and employers; provide support and resources to ensure successful long-term employment matches
- Provide individualized support to employers to enhance their capacity to better hire, develop and retain youth in the program
- Maintain up to date case files and records
- Compile outcome data for reports as requested
- Demonstrate excellent public relations skills
- Implement other program components as required
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF
Have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Child and Youth Care, Recreation and Health Education, Community Support Work, Rehabilitation, HR, Business, Mental health and Addictions) or equivalent combination of training and experience
OTHER EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED AN ASSET
- Experience in an employment program and/or working with individuals with various barriers to employment [e.g., ESL, new immigrant, individuals with disabilities, etc.]
- Experience facilitating groups in person and online
- Experience supporting individuals living with disabilities, mental health issues, new immigrants, addictions
- Knowledge and experience supporting individuals from Indigenous communities
- Experience in business/job development, through recruitment, community development etc.
- Demonstrated competency with public speaking and presenting to stakeholders
- Career Development Practitioner Course
- Mandt training
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle (mandatory)
- Criminal Record Check
HOURS, FLEXIBILITY & SALARY
The Employee will be employed on a full-time basis, and their work hours may vary based on the operational requirements of the Company and may include evening and weekend work, as necessary. This position requires ability to travel across the communities of Metro Vancouver. Must be comfortable working from home due to COVID as well as going into business locations following safety protocols.
SALARY & TERM
- Part time – 20 hours/week; 2 year contact with possibility of increased hours and/or extension
- Work hours may vary based on the operational requirements of the Company and may include evening and weekend work, as necessary. This position requires ability to travel across the assigned community.
- Combination of working from home, office and community depending on COVID guidelines and program needs.
If interested, please send in your cover letter and resume and indicate your start date availability.
National Program Services Manager
CBI Consultants is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at email@example.com Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.