Job Title: CBI L.E.A.P. EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (JOB DEVELOPMENT - FOCUSED) Temporary 9-month Position
CBI Consultants is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at email@example.com. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
Our mission is to support individual’s worldwide to achieve a quality life. We believe that all citizens have the right to be included in their neighborhood schools and communities, have rich social lives, live in homes of their choosing and have access to fulfilling real work for real pay opportunities.
DO YOU ENJOY
- Working with a dedicated, hardworking team?
- Contributing to the success of youth?
- Variety in your workday?
- Supporting people to find employment?
- Promoting community inclusion?
- Flexible work environment?
THE PROGRAM YOU WOULD BE WORKING IN
Learning Employment Action Plan (L.E.A.P.) is a federally funded employment program for youth and young adults developed by CBI Consultants with a focus on youth facing employment barriers. The youth or young adults may be living with developmental and mental health challenges, be Indigenous or have other barriers to employment. Participants develop necessary skills and knowledge in order to overcome employment barriers and obtain “Real Work for Real Pay” opportunities.
The CBI L.E.A.P Employment Specialist (Job Development – focused) is responsible for all aspects of job development for the L.E.A.P program to ensure program outcomes through identifying inclusive business and community partners. You will work with businesses to assist them in understanding customized employment and provide on going support and training where needed. You are a self motivated, dynamic individual who will collaborate with businesses to secure the talents of those with barriers to employment. You are responsible for building lasting relationships for CBI Consultants.
- Support CBI L.E.A.P. participants as individuals with barriers to employment in achieving their employment and education goals
- Market CBI Consultants and the L.E.A.P program through social media, agencies, service providers, etc.
- Using sales techniques such as “cold-calling” of prospective employers and securing in-person meetings to understand businesses’ hiring needs to secure employment opportunities
- Deliver presentations/Information sessions to stakeholders and community partners
- Establish, develop, and maintain working relationships with employers, provide support and resources to ensure successful long-term employment matches
- Demonstrate understanding of job carving and its benefits for employee and employer
- Facilitate disability and inclusion-based workshops for employers
- Complete detailed Employer Needs Analyses to understand employer’s hiring needs and priorities
- Compile outcome data for reports as requested in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate excellent public relations skills
- Implement other program components as required
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., HR, Business, Marketing, Social Sciences) or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You have previous experience as a job developer
- You have demonstrated previous experience in Business Development, through recruitment, community development etc.
- You have strong sales and marketing background, meeting and exceeding set targets
- You have previous experience in an employment program and/or working with individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment would be an asset
- You have demonstrated competency with public speaking and presenting to stakeholders
- You have taken a Career Development Practitioner Course (CDP) (bonus)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Criminal Record Check
HOURS & FLEXIBILITY
The Employee will be employed on a full-time basis, and their work hours may vary based on the operational requirements of the Company and may include evening and weekend work, as necessary. This position requires ability to travel across the communities of Metro Vancouver. Must be comfortable working from home due to COVID as well as going into business locations following safety protocols.
SALARY & TERM
$26/hour based on 37.5 hours/week
This is a 9-month temporary position
If interested, please send in your cover letter and resume by January 19, 2021.
Please indicate your start date availability.
National Program Services Manager