TeenWork - Selecting Participants
TeenWork Canada & CBI Consultants
TeenWork Canada is a program offered by CBI Consultants in Vancouver and CanAssist/University of Victoria in Victoria that provides the opportunity for youth with disabilities and/or who require mental health supports to secure successful and meaningful part-time employment while they are attending school. We will support participants in their search for employment through Group Based Employability Skills (GBES) and Employability Skills through Work Experience (ESWE).
The program is 41 weeks in length and the participants will attend group sessions twice a week (15 weeks) which will help them develop their skills and talents and discover their Ideal conditions of employment, For the remainder of the program (26 weeks) we will support the youth to successfully acquire and succeed in an employment opportunity.
To be eligible for the TeenWork Canada Program, participants must:
- have a disability and/or who require mental health supports
- be between 15 and 19 years old
- have a desire and motivation to work
- be currently attending school
- have access to reliable transportation
- be independent in personal care
Participants must demonstrate:
- ability to work and participate in a group setting (group of 10)
- ability to follow simple instructions and direction
- ability to work independently in a classroom setting
- availability and motivation to attend all sessions
- ability to complete classwork as required (with support as needed)
For 2018 we are excited to offer two intake opportunities;
Intake one– February 2018
Intake two– July 2018
With two additional intakes in 2019
We will be holding a number of Information Sessions in January. Please CONTACT Chad Bouchard, Self-Determination and Employment Coordinator if you are interested in attending an information session or if you have more questions on the program.