TeenWork: Selecting Participants
TeenWork & CBI Consultants
TeenWork is a program offered by CBI Consultants in Vancouver and CanAssist/University of Victoria in Victoria that provides the opportunity for youth with disabilities and/or mental health challenges to secure successful and meaningful paid part-time employment while they are attending school. We will support participants in their search for employment through Group Based Employability Skills (GBES) and Employability Skills through Work Experience (ESWE).
The program is 41 weeks in length and the participants will attend group sessions twice a week (15 weeks) which will help them develop their skills and talents and discover their Ideal conditions of employment. For the remainder of the program (26 weeks) we will support the youth to successfully acquire and succeed in an employment opportunity.
To be eligible for the TeenWork Program, participants must:
- have a disability and/or mental health challenges
- be between 15 and 19 years old
- have a desire and motivation to work
- be currently attending school
- have access to reliable transportation
- be independent in personal care
- have a social insurance number
- not be in receipt of employment insurance
Participants must demonstrate:
- ability to work and participate in a group setting (group of 10)
- ability to follow simple instructions and direction
- ability to work independently in a classroom setting
- availability and motivation to attend all sessions
- ability to complete classwork as required (with support as needed)
We are excited to announce our next intake for July 2018 with two additional intakes in 2019. We will be holding a number of Information Sessions in May and June. Please see the attached information session for dates and times.
Contact Chad Bouchard, TeenWork program manager, if you are interested in attending an information session or if you have more questions on the program.