Depending on which option you chose functional behavioural assessment may take approximately 20 or 35 hours and involves:
- Giving families and other team members access to CBI’s online training course in Positive Behaviour Support.
- Providing team members with the Personal Profile questionnaire and a Functional Behaviour Assessment Interview and online instructions to complete both.
- Analysis of Personal Profile and Functional Behaviour Assessment Interview to determine best times to schedule observation videos;
Interviews with the focus person and key support team members to complete the assessment information.
- Observations in natural environments including home, school, and community (some may be done through video or remotely via Skype for example).
- Review of relevant reports related to communication (e.g., speech language reports), behavioural, or instructional needs (e.g., Individual Educational Plan).
- Brief report outlining the following:
- Personal Profile
- Analysis of the function of behaviour illustrated in a diagram of the competing pathways
- Presentation of the report (can be done remotely via Skype for example).